Let’s talk about anxiety – Via Buzzfeed and Kristen Bell

11/06/2016

During a quiet hour at work I decided to check out Buzzfeed and came across this article. Literally everything she said (except the medicine taking part) spoke to me.

She starts explaining that she’s very co-dependent and have always wanted people to like her.
Seriooouuusly though. Since I was young I have always depended on others approval and affection and it would hurt if others didn’t like me. Genuinely hurt. It took me a long ass time to realise that it was down to me. I had to love myself in order for others to love me. I had to start putting myself first instead of others (I still suck at this, hah).Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 21.14.41
She mentions rejection and this is a topic I covered during a few therapy sessions and that I probably still need to talk through. Instead of simply being rejected I would keep quiet to not be rejected, I would change my opinions on something in order not to be rejected and so on.
She then touches on anxiety and depression and I have and have had both. It’s a serious topic that many wants to joke around about (because they don’t know what it feels like or what it even is, educate yourself please) but if you have it, you need to talk about it. Talk to someone who understands, who can empathise and just say “I get it”. Kirsten was lucky enough to have a mom who seemed to know a lot about it whereas I learned an enormous amount in therapy.
Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 21.15.02
I’m not convinced you can “cure” yourself and be completely anxiety and depression free for the rest of your life, but I have learnt various mind-tools to use when I feel anxious or down to help. It’s an ongoing journey and all I can do is talk to others about it and simply just be me.
Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 21.14.53
I quite enjoy talking about anxiety and depression with others – not that it’s the most cool and joyful topic ever – but it can bring you so close to someone so quickly, and you will both benefit from talking about it. So let’s talk about it.

Puss,
N

Share this..Share on Facebook0Pin on Pinterest0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Email this to someonePrint this page

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Tuzz 13/06/2016 at 5:40 pm

<3 har haft två panikångestattackar de senaste året men inte vågat/velat prata om det med någon. Typ googlat terapeut och tänkt att det ska gå över. Borde kanske ta tag i det men fan, när man när bra mår man ju bra och när det är sämst känns det försent?

• Reply admin 19/06/2016 at 6:57 am

Oj, ja absolut. Det ar super laskigt i borjan men det hjalper verkligen, lovar! Nar jag val borjade sa madde jag bra, men vi pratade igenom hur jag matt innan och gravde runt en hel del i mitt forflutna. Man kommer ma ganska mycket samre innan det blir battre..

• Reply Tuzz 28/06/2016 at 8:23 pm

Att man typ inte vågar för att man är rädd vad som finns där. Fan, måste bli modig <3

• Reply MISH 26/06/2016 at 4:47 pm

I’ve just come across your blog and I think it’s truly commendable that you are able to share your journey with these two mental health issues. I’ve noticed traits in both myself, but have never been able to talk to close friends or even some of my family about such issues. For you to share it on a public platform deserves a huge well done! And YES i agree, we do need to talk about it more… i must ask, I noticed in an earlier post you mentioned that you’d worked for Emirates. My anxieties hold me back from taking such leaps. What helped you? I’d love to hear more about your experience.
    x

• Reply admin 27/06/2016 at 4:56 pm

Hi!
      Thank you so much for your comment 🙂 I’d be happy to talk further if you’d like. As I wrote in the post I enjoy talking about it and it does help when you meet or talk to others who just “gets it”, you know?
      In regards to Emirates, I’ve written what feels like an essay about the recruitment process and why I applied. It’ll be up soon! X

• Reply MISH 12/08/2016 at 8:42 pm

Yes that would be lovely. Not a lot of people “get it” as you said so I would love to talk some more/ see more blog posts on this subject. & Yessss, can’t wait to hear about Emirates. x