Here’s an easy recipe of a wonderful lamb meatball dish with a tomato sauce and minty dressing. Nom nom.
In the recipe I have used Tarantella Tomatoes which is organic and sourced from the heart of Italy! You can buy Tarantella tomatoes here.
This recipe is for 2-3 people
- 500g lamb mince
- 6tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, plus a squeeze of lemon juice
- Garlic cloves, chopped (I used 4 in total because I’m crazy)
- Handful of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt, pepper and other yummy seasoning you like
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 x 400g tin Tarantella Organic Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200ml greek yogurt
- Handful chopped fresh mint
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Put the lamb, breadcrumbs, egg, lemon zest, garlic, and half the parsley in a bowl and mix well.
Season the mix then shape into 20 balls. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meatballs, in batches, and cook for two to three minutes, turning, until evenly browned all over. Transfer to a roasting tin and roast in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the sliced red onion to the same pan and cook for five minutes. Add the Tarantella tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, seasoning and remaining parsley. Cook until reduced, then add the meatballs and their juices back to the pan.
Serve the meatballs with toasted pittas or keep it low carb with an easy salad.
Bon appétite! 🙂
by Noelle blog By Noelle Blog By Noelle bynoelle.co.uk @blogbynoelle blogbynoelle